Mom's House, Dad's House:
Making Two Homes for Your Child
by Isolina Ricci Ph.D.
The ground-breaking classic, Mom's House, Dad's House, has become the standard for two generations of divorcing parents, and includes examples, self-tests, checklists, tools, and guidelines to help separated moms and dads with the legal, emotional, and financial issues they will encounter as they work to create happy and stable homes.
This comprehensive guide looks anew at the needs of all family members with creative options and common-sense advice, including:
- The map to a "decent divorce" and two happy homes
- Helping children of divorce with age-specific advice
- Negotiating Parental Agreements and custody arrangements
- Breaking away from "negative intimacy" with a difficult ex-husband or ex-wife
- Sidestepping destructive myths about divorce (and marriage)
- Handling long-distance parenting and parenting alone